Day 189/190: 10x Features …
Day 189: 10x Features
Day 190: Product Naming Conventions
- the network is called “A golden thread”
- how about the ^ instead
- sits above the word
- sign for “to the power of”
- ^ golden thread
- ^ family
- ^ story
- ^ book
- ^ app
- ^ toy
- ^ door
- ^ film
- Asterism (typography)
- need to check into getting this whole naming convention trademarked
prep discussion with sean and nick
- the names should explain how it works
- should diffuse the things that usually scare people about technology
- role play as adam
- all products we are creating as a family are based off of inventions from his own workshop
- what would he name his own creations and why would he name them that way?
- people are scare of advanced technology, because they lose the understanding of how it works
- adam doesn’t want people to be scared, because he was scared too
- adam understands what scares us and wants to help
- he invents solutions that straddle between the most advanced innovation and a cup of warm coco
- the hologram exploding from a tree trunk was based off of this philosophy
- men and women were polled in what characteristic is most desirable in both sexes
- the quality, valued above all others - kindness
- this needs to bleed into our naming conventions
- as sean has said before, it needs to feel like a warm hug or a pillow cookie
- will sketch out solutions today
- same solutions will be used as part of the aesthetic on the “explore the workshop” part of the site, just like any of the concept work
The content of this post was created approximately 5 months in the past.
Podcast #28: iOS Engineer …
For part 2 of my conversation with Ben Stovold, who comes to us all the way from Gold Coast, Australia, we chat about the differences between building the Twitter #Music app and building an app for field engineers working in the field, using Quartz Composer to prototype iPhone app animations, Facebook Home, and the difference between UI design, polish design, and animation design.
Listen via iTunes: seanversations
Day 187/188: Artificial Ge…
Day 187: Book - Manufacturing & Shipping from KenyaThe content of this post was created approximately 5 months in the past.
Nausheen — Glass bottles
575 grams per bottle empty
Costs 9000 GBP for 2 pallets
10 meter length, height is 10cm
Travels from Shanghai to Dover, England
How much does a Book weigh? Maybe 600 to 700 grams (approx iPad)
Adam would be around $5,000 USD for 1 pallet because it’s coming a shorter distance (through Suez Canal)
Could probably fit 10,000 books
Just for shipping, maybe $1 to $2 per Book
Manufacturing would probably be $1 to $2 per Book, but at high volume
Thus, if we could get the books and paper manufactured and shipped to our doorstep for $5 USD, then we could charge $14.99 and make a high enough profit to keep the business going.
Day 188: Artificial General Intelligence
Proof That You Know Magic
Your brain is translating symbols on this screen right now into words that form coherent thoughts, transferring knowledge, emotion, and wisdom from my brain to yours.
What is the best/worst thing happened to you that changed your life, and how?
The best? The moment I realized I have god stuff inside me and I can do absolutely anything as long as I just don’t stop.
The worst? Losing people that I loved. It’s the one thing that transforms you instantly into an adult and, incidentally, led me on the path to the best part described above.See question on Quora
Day 185/186: Door Maker Co…
Day 185: Door Maker Concept Art
- looks like ross chirico
- needs to have that energy and “spark” in his eye, like santa
- the spark is both fire (male) and sensitivity (female)
- wild and unkempt look, like a fire and heart set aflame with passion for life
- wise and kind, a face battered by age and time
- strong with big worn hands from crafting, building, and inventing his entire life
- see him wearing a hat with a triangle on it, echoing the logo
Day 186: Bridge to Future Wishes
Paved with the understanding of everyone who’s listened to your stories
Pay for a Mortgage or a Mind?
It all depends on where you spend most of your time living.
For me, I spend all of my time living in my mind. So 16 years ago I chose to buy a house and every month I make a payment on it. It’s not a 30-year mortgage, more like 15. But at the end I’ll have something that not even a bad economy can take away from me.
Sure, the price tag was in the 6 figures, but the vast amount of experience, formal education, and self-taugh expertise gives me something a standard mortgage doesn’t.
Today, I can use the 300 million pattern recognizers in my brain that have been sharpened to the finest points possible to look at a business and immediately know the angle. It allows me to see through the marketing, the product clutter, the news releases, find the one lever that drives the entire business, and figure out a more efficient way to pull it more often.
In layman’s terms, a mortgage of the mind makes sure my return on that investment doesn’t have a ceiling of 10 to 20%, but rather infinite.
The reason most people don’t see it that way is because the mind is intangible and a house is tangible. But don’t let that fool you. Your emotions and your thoughts are intangible, but I’m guessing you’d call them invaluable tools you’d never be willing to part with.
The next generation needs to ask itself: “Do I want a quarter million dollar house or a quarter million dollar brain?”
The rest of your life will be determined by the answer to that one question.
Day 183/184: LLC Formation…
Day 183: LLC — Texas Versus Nevada Versus Wyoming
- State filing fee: $300
- Time: 3 to 5 days (or 1 day with $25 expedite fee)
- Taxes: ZERO if gross receipts are below $1 million per year
- Note: LLC’s use pass-through taxation so any income is split amongst owners and you pay personal tax. There is no personal tax for people living in texas
Whoever said there was more to Nevada than glitz and lights was right! Nevada is quickly exploding as one of the fastest growing states in the country and one of the primary reasons for that is the pro-business environment. Nevada is considered a “tax haven” – and for good reason. Thanks in-part to the gaming industry, Nevada has no business income tax, franchise fees, capital gains tax, state corporation tax or inheritance tax. I repeat – NO TAX. None, zilch, nada. Corporations and LLCs in Nevada don’t even have to file an income tax return! Why is this particular state so giving? Because the powers that be know that they will get back all of the money when you take the roulette wheel for a spin!
Not only does Nevada have zero taxes, but there are a lot of other benefits as well, including:
Nevada allows complete anonymity of the shareholders (or the members). Why is this great? Well, if they don’t know you own it, they probably won’t try to sue you for it! Except in the case of corporate fraud, what happens in Vegas, will probably stay in Vegas!
The members do not have to be residents of Nevada - or even of the U.S. for that matter.
Nevada has no I.R.S. Information Sharing Agreement. Doesn’t that say it all?
Nevada’s annual fees are normally only $125 per year. (An annual business license may be required as well which is $200/year).
Meetings of members and managers are not required to be held in Nevada. They can take place anywhere in the world!
Single-member LLCs are allowed. One person may hold all positions in the company. (This is not the case in every state!)
There is very little disclosure required. This is the main reason why anyone interested in privacy will often form their corporations or LLCs in Nevada.
Stock (or membership interest) does not need to be purchased with cash – anything of value will do, including your time and services.
In addition to all the benefits that Nevada has, it has one other critical element:
“Lifetime Proxy” — allow someone to vote on your behalf
- Allows common asset protection strategy
- Hide your identity by having someone else HOLD your stock while you still control how they VOTE
- You have a “lifetime proxy” over him/her
Day 184: Remembering Things Backwards
Remembering things backwards. Starting from the most important moment then tracing it backwards.
Wish —> Stride —> Confide
Your doors or memories are clouded but they clear up with more keys and if you zoom out they are like tiny stars.
Three states of minds the future present past. What got Jerod excited when Sean and Trag first started talking to him about Adam.
Evernote: Animate your life
Kiiy has been integrated to the platform.
Adam’s symbol turns in to Kiiy and he starts running backwards or Forwards.
- Kiiy: Wooden boy like Pinocchio, Chin’s personality, 5 inches tall with gears in the back of head. The door maker is like Jerod’s dad Ross. Makes chin to record life and sit on his desk .
2 places of work.
-His drawing desk where he sketches ideas and draws.
-Blue print desk where he builds things.
-Below that is the door to the outside.
- The door inside is the door we hid to others it’s the hearth that is modeled after Wing’s fire place (where the door maker builds the master door). The door is an emotional door to look for the love he has never had. The master door is the star gate leaving time and space.
2 doors that we step though in the physical world that we don’t understand. One that we go into is the hidden door in our heart (door of fire).
First concept Awaking experience in funny ways.
Kiiy exploring the workshop after he wakes up. Kiiy saying lets go to the real world in the last picture of him by the door.
What does Kiiy want?
- He wants to understand and really wants a friend.
He wakes up scared tries to find something comforting in anything.
He learns to go outside
The content of this post was created approximately 5 months in the past.
Stop Trying To Be A Celebrity
I spent the last few days driving from Texas to Iowa to see my grandmother, whom I haven’t seen in a few years.
Hanging out with her and her friends in the community cafeteria of her independent living apartment, I realized even at 90 years old everyone wants to be a celebrity.
People will make up other reasons of why they do what they do but in most cases, starting from our first interactions in pre-school we want everyone to like us, shower us with praise, and be impressed by us.
It never stops. From having the best toys to the best clothes to the best car to the best house and most powerful job to having the family that visits us most. From 1 to 100, every single one us wants to be Kim Kardashian or George Clooney.
Maybe we should aspire for something different. Something better. Maybe someone more like superman.
Choose to be a bumbling nerd so people underestimate you. Choose to treat people with kindness and respect so they can take advantage of you. Choose to make others celebrities so you can make them feel important.
Then save the world in relative anonymity, 1 person at a time.
Day 181/182: Gamification …
Day 181: Reversing Time MechanicDoes having more pictures in certain moments create the effect of slowing down time?
How can you make the story of a water drop interesting? Reverse time.
Willpower is highest in the morning and decreases throughout the day.
willpower increases, sledding down a story curve makes you pick up speed
End of story (i.e., beginning of day) is full of possibilities
Beginning of story (i.e., end of day) is about results.
“Your attitude at the beginning of the day determines what you’ve done at the end of the day”
Is clustering photos the “bumps” / climaxes / tension-based moments?
Day 182: Gamification for Corporations
Take the pain of Performance Management systems (i.e., pay, bonus, career ladders) and turn them into pleasurable, engaging experiences using Gamification.
We can develop a Thought Paper exploring how Gamification could be applied to the entire Employee Rewards systems:
- Performance Management
If Towers Watson wants to be the world’s leader in Human Capital consulting, we must figure out a way to make work more fun and engaging.
Because humans love to play games.
And games make people do things they wouldn’t normally do, for free.